Baked Macaroni & Cheese
1 8oz. Block cream cheese (softened)
1 Small jalapeño (diced, seeded)
4 Strips bacon (diced)
1 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
2 4oz. Skinless Salmon fillets
Favorite rub or salt/pepper (optional)
- Soak cedar plank according to instructions on packaging
- Pre heat smoker/BBQ to 350 F
- In a skillet/pan over med-high heat, cook the bacon and jalapeños until the bacon is well browned and beginning to crisp (do not add oil. Bacon gives off grease). Drain and set aside to let cool.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, and jalapeño.
- Butterfly salmon (so that it will cook evenly) by cutting horizontally through the thick part in the middle, leaving the other side intact. Open flat, like a book. Flip salmon, skinned-side up
- Starting at one end, roll the salmon up tightly, tucking in any loose filling as you go, into cylinders. Insert 4 toothpicks through the end of each salmon to keep the pinwheel from unrolling. Season with rub or salt/pepper (optional).
- Place on top of cedar plank. Cook 25-30 minutes or until the salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Remove toothpicks before serving. Safe internal cooking temperature for fish is 145 F
Brought to you by Queen of the Grill